Re: java and FC3

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Marc M wrote:

Actually this IS firefox, I should've specified that originally...I
don't know enough about what is going on under the hood with java, to
know whether just a plugin fixes these things, or whether I somehow
need more, like the full SDK or JDK packages.

You only need the JRE if you only want plugins for Firefox. I've seen flakey behavior (read crashes) with Sun's 1.4.2 JVM and FF, though. They were fixed by using the 1.5.0_01 version.

Marc