Re: Core 3 Freezes at 1.st start of X after install

Kumara wrote:
Don't try to fry your HW. if you have Hyperthreading in processor
simply disable it in BIOS, then it will be a smooth run, if you want
to see the previous matter again enable HT in BIOS again and see it.

I have the same problem so far I could not find a remedy for it. Good
Luck ! Mohan

I don't have hyperthreading, but don't want to chance frying the internals of the laptop.
I changed my computer habits to prevent getting the lockups.

I noticed a posting related to the same video card, then decided to test it.

Jim

Just tested this problem out on rawhide with the latest
everything. It appears that switching to a virtual terminal, then
back to the GUI locks up the computer, puts the fan into high
speed mode, emits a smell of overheated silicon.