Re: Moving contacts between versions of evolution

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 14:07, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:52 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> > I want to move the contact list from the FC2 box over to the FC3
> > system.  Is this as simple as copying the evolution/local/Contacts
> > directory over to the new system?  Or should I just copy the
> > addressbook.db and addressbook.db.summary over?
>
> That won't work -- the db format has changed between 1.x and 2.x.

Had figured that out.  :(

> In evolution 1.4, go to contacts, Edit -> Select all (ctrl+a), and then
> File -> Save as vCard or right-click any of the selected contacts and
> select save as vCard. (I've only got evolution 2 now, so some of those
> commands might be a little off but I know that you can do something like
> what I described in evolution 1.) You can then import that vCard file
> containing all of your contacts into evolution 2.

Yes that worked.  Thanks.  Had sorted that out just prior to seeing your
message.  I also figured out that I could take the calendar.ics file and
run an import on that to pickup the calendar appointments.  That also
seemed to work fine.

Looks like I can complete my migration to the new laptop now.

Thanks for the help.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river.
-- Abraham Lincoln