Re: Moving contacts between versions of evolution

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:52, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> Hopefully a simple question that someone has experience with.
>
> I have a system running FC2 and evolution 1.4.6.  I have another machine
> that has FC3 on it and evolution 2.0.2.
>
> I want to move the contact list from the FC2 box over to the FC3
> system.  Is this as simple as copying the evolution/local/Contacts
> directory over to the new system?  Or should I just copy the
> addressbook.db and addressbook.db.summary over?

May have answered my own question.  And the answer is no.

Looks like 1.4.6 uses a Berkely DB version 7 format for the
addressbook.db file.  2.0.2 uses Berkely DB version 8.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

You have the power to influence all with whom you come in contact.