Re: anyone know of a lightweight mgdiff?

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 14:35, Douglas Frank wrote:
> I've always found mgdiff quite useful, and am surprised it hasn't an rpm
> among the extras.  OTOH, it does have a dependency on lesstif, so it
> isn't exactly lightweight.  I can see why someone might object to
> encumbering their system with lesstif & other cruft, just to get one
> utility running.
>
> Would anyone like to recommend a substitute?
>
> (Mgdiff is an X front end for diff.  It displays diffs horizontally
> rather than vertically, as diff does.)

meld - see meld.sf.net
tkdiff  google for:  tkdiff-4.0-1.cern.noarch.rpm
vimdiff
gvimdiff
jedit (http://jedit.org)
Kompare
emacs
xxdiff   http://xxdiff.sourceforge.net/
kdiff3

these are from a thread on the subject in january
i use tkdiff and have not tried the others yet.

paul
--
Paul F. Almquist
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx