Still having problems with MPlayer plugin

Hey all, sometime ago I wrote asking about plugins for Linux that could
display streaming video, particularly Windows Media streaming video.  I
installed MPlayer's plugin, and it works fine, but it is not displaying
any video when i go to a site with streaming video, say Gamespot.com.

I know I have all the codecs needed to display video since running any
WMP video offline in Mplayer works just fine for me.  When I run a video
that is streaming, i get the text based messages like "playing
mms:///(video stream path here)  but no video appears.

Have been to the MPlayer plugin test site and all videos there play just
fine.

Is there a problem with the plugin (is it buggy or something?) or is my
installation of the plugin corrupted?

Jared