Kernel-2.6.16-1.13_FC2.i686

Welllllll, I'm back with a new .13 kernel instead of the .14 kernel I tried earlier.

Lost a bit of virginity on this one. All prior kernel installations had relied on Anaconda or Up2date to handle everything.

Had to fall back on early training when Mom and Dad instructed, "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!"

Rpm just did not want to install .13 with .14 in place. So, after attempts to get rpm to cooperate I copitulated to rpm's intransigence, removed .14 and then installed .13.

Nothing but grins when on reboot Grub displayed a .13 choice with no .14 choice and reboot using the .13 kernel succeeded!

Now I will let the system sit for a while and see if the problems I experienced with the .14 kernel also occur with .13