Cannot connect to a UPS on a usb port in FC3 using apcupsd

( I sent this in earlier, but it appears to have bounced because I sent it from the wrong address. Apologies if it comes through twice)

I have a couple of APC ups's here and one of them connects back to my main machine via a USB cable.  Monitoring the UPS has worked very well for at least a year.

Recently (had an ap that wouldn't run on FC2 - had to have FC3) I upgraded the box to FC3. As anticipated everything else worked just fine - of course I had to add a line to /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules which looks like
        KERNEL="ttyUSB1",SYMLINK="pilot"
to get my palm pilot to synch up normally.

I have been using apcupsd for some time to monitor the UPS; however, even after RTFM'ing the docs several times (and this list, and some others, and everthing else I thought relevent) I am still stumped.

To make a long story short, I suspect that what I am missing is the device name to use here - it would have been /dev/ttyUSB# under FC2 without udev, but under FC3 I don't know what device to list AND I dont' know the listing to put in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

william austin                           waustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"life is just another phase i'm going through... this time, anyway."