Kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2

I downloaded the 2.6.10-1.14_FC2 kernel today and promptly rebooted to give it a spin.

My system froze up fairly quickly and then repeated that performance on reboot. The only way I was able to recover control of the system in both instances was through pushing Reset on the box.

On the first occurence, I had stepped away from the machine for several minutes and returned to discover a screensaver pattern on the screen with system completely unresponsive to mouse and keyboard.

On the second occurence, I stepped away for a few minutes and returned to find a dialogue box displayed on the desktop advising that the volume control applet had died suddenly and asking if I wanted to restart it. I selected "No". Within seconds the Gnome panel at the bottom of the screen disappeared and the system was unresponsive to mouse and keyboard.

Is anyone else experiencing this system behavior with the new kernel?