Re: What's a good video card?

Chadley Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday 15 February 2005 15:59, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

If your are looking for 3D then switch to XFree which also works better with cedega.

I'll bite, where can I get xfree?

I am running UT2004, Q3 arena , N4Speed underground, Start craft, Black and White, Doom3, Half Life with addons, and a couple more.
My younger sister is running the Sims 2 with addons as well and a couple kiddy games.

Maybe this will help with QuakeII.

If you don't want games and don't need 3D then just about any card will do. If you need a driver and can't compile or install one then use the vesa or vesafb driver.

Ok. Good graphics and text and something that I can play with and maybe I will get a good suspendable kernel that does not crash after I try to come back to life.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2