Re: TurboTax - Linux?

---- Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:43:21PM -0600, Paul wrote:
> > The copy protection they started using, from macrovision I believe,
> > wrote information to the MBR the first time it was installed and would
> > only let you re-install it later if it found the signature.  So a year
> > later if you tried to install to reprint your forms after upgrading your
> > hard drive you were out of luck.
> > Thats why I switched to TaxCut ... no copy protection at all.
>
> Same on Intuit, now. They actually listened to people, which maybe ought to
> count for *something*. :)
>
> --

I've successfully ran TaxCut 2004 under wine.  When I first installed it and ran it, it complained about not being able find a file.   After doing a web search, I found that if you need to start wine in the directory where the taxcut executable resides.  The only glitch that I ran into is, after an update it would not automatically restart taxcut.  Retrieving and installing the updates had no problems.  I also filed the taxes electronically and have received the conformation email the taxes were accepted.

-pete