Re: Linux Desktop for university staff

Visio: I don't think that OOo draw is as successful as visio. So I searched
for an alternative. One alternative may be inkscaper. It is really cool, and
quite handy. There are also win32 binaries. I guess inkscaper is a perfect
alternative to visio. Another one may be scribus. Its gui is not as friendly
as inkscaper (I guess), but it is also very successfull. Can kivio be another
alternative?

Also look into Dia, the diagram tool.