Re: fixing/reinstalling grub

Mark Weaver schrieb:
Kumara wrote:

first put M$ then, FC
then you could sleep well
i always do that order
Mohan

I normally do it that way as well, however this time Fedora is already loaded and configured which is why I needed to know how to repair the grub bootloader after installing Windows.

i also tended to install first M$, then FC, until i got the Rescue-CD.

If i have to reinstall Windoze, i reinstall the MBR afterwards easily. Boot the cd, afterwards do as indicated 'chroot /mnt/sysimage' which mounts the root-partition from disk as real / and then just do 'grub-install /dev/hdx' where x is your drive, where your mbr should be placed, so usually /dev/hda. Reboot and jump, because you got back your FC3-install :-)

HTH
Roger