Re: Installation Errors

Aloha-

Well, mixed results. Switching from the graphical install to the text install worked...sort of. I was able to complete the installation, start Linux, log in as root, add a new user, etc. However, after a reboot, the display kept going black, and I would get messages such as "the display has reset 6 times in the last 90 seconds" (I paraphrase). No problem, I thought, I had installed Gnome the first time, so I'll rerun and just install XWindows. Now I have tried that twice more and am getting the same errors I was getting before. I also tried the "linux text ide-cd=nodma" idea, with no difference. I am wondering if there really is a hardware problem somewhere, although why it would be failing at such different points in the installation process is beyond me; I've had it fail after only 10 packages installed, or as far in as the second disc.

Thanks
Claus