Re: laucher confusion

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 23:51 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Mark Sargent wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > why, when creating a launcher from a bin file of thunderbird, does it
> > start the create new account wizard.? If I run this, thunderbird(soft
> > link from /usr/local/bin to the bin file), in the terminal, it starts,
> > with the already created accounts. But, the launcher, which points to
> > the same file that the soft link points to doesn't.? Confused. The
> > original file, thunderbird, is here, /usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird.
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Mark Sargent.
> >
> Hi All,
>
> was my explanation of the problem confusing..? Rather annoying I gotta
> open a terminal/su -/type passwrod/type thunderbird just to open a mail
> app. Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent

How did you install thunderbird?
Your comment about the soft link from /usr/local/bin and the
path /usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird above implies you may have
compiled or installed from a tarball.

Have you tried the version that is included in the FC3 distro?  That
would be installed from rpm and the executable would
be /usr/bin/thunderbird and not the strange path or links you quote
above.

Works fine for me.