Re: FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

C. Linus Hicks wrote:

"... the traffic hit the public side of the firewall." Agreed. But this
does not agree with your assertion in the first paragraph where you say
"... it can't seem to pass any traffic thru an existing firewall."

What I meant by "thru the firewall" was successfully hitting a target past the firewall. Probably a poor choice of words on my part. Yes the traffic gets thru the firewall from private to public, but then doesn't seem to get from public to anywhere else.

Have you run a tcpdump of the traffic between the firewall and the FC3
machine? And compare that to one that works?

No I haven't - good suggestion.

You didn't say anything about the state of the firewall on the FC3 box.
Is it enabled? What rules?

No firewall on the FC3 box.

--
Bill Gradwohl