Re: FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

Bill Gradwohl wrote:

I even moved the IP address of bigboy around to several other private addresses, and cleared the ARP caches involved to see if it was firewall rule related, and no matter what IP I put bigboy on its always the same thing. Traffic hits the public side of the firewall and disappears.

I've got ipv6 and Window scaling turned off on the FC3 box.

Any ideas?

Gonna take a long shot here... Check on /proc/sys/net/ipv4 if tcp_ecn is enabled. Some routers silently drop packets if the ECN bit is set... maybe your router is one of those...
Also , do a tcpdump when trying to connect from bigboy to an external webserver. This way you will know if the data is going through the firewall.. if it is , the next step is trying to check the router , as it is the most probable cause...

--
Pedro Macedo