copying a VCD with cdrdao

I've spent much of today racking my brain trying to figure out how to
copy a VCD. It seems that nice user-friendly k3b can't do it, and ditto
for xcdroast. After much googling and experimentation, I hit upon the
correct command-line syntax for using cdrdao. It's actually very simple,
but took a long time to figure out, so I decided to post my short little
script to save others the trauma of trying to figure it out.

The following assumes that you have two CD drives. You need to make sure
that you have two symbolic links, /dev/cdrom for the CD reader and
/dev/cdrom1 for the burner:

bob@sonic:~> ls -l /dev/cdrom*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Feb 14  2005 /dev/cdrom -> hdc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Feb 14  2005 /dev/cdrom1 -> hdd

All you've got to do is create a script (which I call "vcdcopy") with
the following content:

#!/bin/bash

cdrdao read-cd --device /dev/cdrom toctoc
cdrdao write --device /dev/cdrom1 toctoc
rm toctoc
eject dev/cdrom
eject /dev/cdrom1

And that's all there is to it.