Re: Copy files over ssh

Matt Florido wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

is the best way to get a file from a machine that I've sshed to, to a the machine that I am sshing from? I would think there's some way better than ftping.

man scp scp - secure copy (remote file copy program)

scp <source> <destination>

Example:
scp local.file user@remote:/home/user
scp user@remote:/path/to/file /path/to/local

There is also sftp if you prefer the ftp style of transfering files over the cp style. If I know exactly what I want to transfer, I use scp. Otherwise I use sftp.

Andrew Robinson