FC1 multiple ethernet interface issue

Has anyone experienced problems with multiple interfaces in FC1?  Here
is what I have.
eth0 and eth1 are in the same subnet and are two separate onboard
nic's.  Eth0 comes
up on boot, eth1 is manual.  If I take down eth1 via ifdown eth1 it
seems like the route
is mangled, or at least the gateway is removed.  I have no confirmed
the route tables
being modified, but it is reproducible.  Has anyone experience things
like this?

TIA,

Dave