Re: Kernel crash

Well, I can the old kernel version w/o any problem. So I think that rules out nvidia issue right?

Do you have any idea what can cause the new kernel not to boot up? I used up2date to install it. According to what I read kernel update is similar to updating any other package using up2date.

From: David Cary Hart <Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:30:53 -0500

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 16:21 +0000, Chethiya Ranaweera wrote:
> I have upgraded fc3 kernel to 2.6.10 version. But now I am having trouble to
> boot. udev freezes after sometime. I read about nvidia driver problems on
> the net. I have a nvidia video card and nforce2 chipset. Can anyone help me?
> Thanks

The newest kernel has been the most stable FC3 kernel with NVIDIA to
date (IMO). If you change xorg.conf from nvidia to nv (the FC provided
driver) does that solve the problem? No sense fixing a phantom.

If so, how did you install the nvidia drivers and did you make the
required changes to xorg.conf?

--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
               Fight Spam: http://tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm