Re: PC not booting

Muhammad Ahmad wrote:

I have a Pentium II system with 384 MB of RAM. 6G Hard Drive. I installed core 3 and everything went smoothly. Then the system tries to boot and fails. It gives me a message like:
acpi date of bios (1998) does not pass cut-off (2001), acpi = force must be used to start ACPI services
Then the kernel starts to load and after initializing storage network sound I get this message and a blinking cursor
kernel parameters:
The system does not do anything after that. It just stays there.
The PC is a Micron Millenia.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Muhammed, many people on fedora-list will not bother to look at html messages. Please send messages in text only.

You indicate that FC3 installed on your system uneventfully. Did you install Grub? What happens if you press CTL_ALT_F1 simultaneously?