Re: cups configuration is changed by someone

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:41:05AM +0100, Herbert Gasiorowski wrote:

Anyone knows what is going on?

Sounds like you had changed /etc/cups/cupsd.conf by hand, even though you have system-config-printer installed. Remove system-config-printer if you want to do that.

Or go back and reconfigure your printers using system-config-printer. Once I did this, system-config-printer stopped changing my printer configurations. The configuration process winds up being remarkably like CUPS.

I think system-configuration-printer is an attempt by Red Hat to abstract printer configuration. It seems pretty heavy-handed if you are used to CUPS. I still get an extra entry per printer which I think has something to do with kudzu. I decided to ignore those.

Andrew Robinson