Re: Proxy settings in FC3

Kumara wrote:
Thanks again, sorry for not writing necessary info to you,
 my ADSL router (Dlink) takes care the connection to the ISP, it is always
on and IE in Xp, I use
IE>Options>Connection>LAN>Proxy Server(proxy.saudi.net.sa),(Port 8080). (IP
is by automatically by DHCP). it is running well in XP :-)
In FC3, my NW card (eth0) is active and
in Mozilla, i use
Preferences> proxies > automatically gain IP and gave the same proxy name.
but it does not give me any error msg instead showing the progress trying to
connect to the internet, I'm very new to FC so help me to get connected to
the Internet with Mozilla

In mozilla, use Edit->Preferences, click on the triangle to the left of "Advanced" in the category list and a sub-category "Proxies" will appear. Click on "Proxies"

Select "Manual Proxy Configuration", enter "proxy.saudi.net.sa" in the "HTTP Proxy" field and "8080" in the "Port" field next to it.

Then click the "Use these settings for SSL, FTP and Gopher" button.

The press the "OK" button at the bottom. That should do.

Paul.