Notebook on Windows Network

Hello fellow Fedorians

I have managed to organize a notebook with which to work and am struggling to get my notebook running on our Windows Network.
Please be patient I am a Linux fan and use it at home but a single PC environment.
So I have managed to get the machine to pick a DHCP ip address, I have Samba running so I can see the machine from the network.
But on the notebook itself, it only sees the localhost, does not see the rest of the network.

Please any pointers will be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Denham