Re: updatedb

V Krish escreveu:
I am using FC2 and have mounted an external drive
thus:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb

How do I modify the /etc/updatedb.conf file if I want
to  exclude the external drive from the daily slocate
search done by slocate.cron? Do I add /dev/sda1 to
PRUNEFS or /mnt/usb to PRUNEPATHS?

Thanks,
Krish

The default updatedb.conf on FC3 has PRUNEPATHS with "... /mnt/floppy", what suggests to include "/mnt/usb" to PRUNEPATHS.
Besides this, I have a FAT filesystem mounted automatically and I have used PRUNEPATHS with the mount point instead of the /dev/...