Re: Cannot open remote display

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 08:30, A. Lanza wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm managing a server in my local network remotely using ssh. From a
> graphical command terminal in my laptop i issue the following command:
>
> 	ssh -l root server1

Missed your first message.

I would recommend that you disable root login on that server via ssh.
Setup a regular user account and use that to ssh to the server.  Then
once you have your CLI as that user use the  su - command (note the - on
that command) to change to root.

This will improve the security on that server since no one can log in
remotely as root.  They would need access to another users account.  And
you get log files indicating which user account switched to root on that
box.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
		-- Samuel Goldwyn