Re: How to set festival voice in FC-2?

Michael Weiner wrote:

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 15:31 +0100, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

The parenthesis symbol must be escaped. Else, your shell will interpret it as a way to combine several commands at once:

festival --\(voica_kal_diphone\) -tts "Langalist.txt"

I am running both versions 1.42 and 1.95 and neither take the -- (voice_kal_diphone) as an acceptable parameter to pass from the command line. Am i missing something? I have all the latest on the machine running 1.95, so i am i bit confused by this syntax.

Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner

           *You're confused?  Well that makes two of us. I've recently
           been afflicted with a problem that festival could help solve
           if only I could get it to read to me with an accent I could
           understand easily. It works for me if only I could figure
           out how to get it to speak American English.*

           *The only way I can see to run the application is from the
           command line and that suits me fine. Do I need to obtain a
           later version? Is there one with a GUI? Really all I want is
           to make it work. Obviously I am missing something here?*

           *Any help appreciated.*

           *Bob Goodwin   Zuni,  Virginia*