Re: Setting Up Mail Server and Vitual Hosting

Robert Slade wrote:
On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 05:19, Troyston Campano wrote:

Hello,

I am setting up server running Fedora which have multiple domain names
pointed to the IP address of my server. Iâd like to set up a single
mail server that can be used by each domain for mail (pop3 or imap I
guess). Iâd like to set it up so that each domain can have mail
accounts for their individual domains.

Iâm a complete newbie when it comes to setting up a mail server and
even more so trying to figure out the multiple domain names with one
mail server. For apache I use Name-Based Virtual Hosting to have one
web server managing multiple domains/web sites. Not sure how to do
this with a mail server.

Any help or pointers to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

~ Troyston Campano ~

Troyston,

I have done exactly that. Have a look at the qmailrocks site
http://www.qmailrocks.org/ it has some easy to follow instrauctions to
setup a multidomain mail server with AV and Antispam etc. It worked for
me.

Rob

Postfix (SMTP) is relatif easy to configure to listen to several domains.
Cyrus (POP, IMAP) supports virtual domain support excellent:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html

HTH
Roger