Re: nvidia and FC3

Alexander Spanke wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone have a working config with the closed source nvidia kernel
module, 6629, and the current 760 kernel on FC3 ?
I have the problem, with starting X, my laptop looks freezed ... I have
to reboot it.

I am running the latest 760 kernel, with a GeForce 2 Go chipset on a NEC
laptop ... I had the same trouble with the previous FC3 kernel also.
Installation and loading the module is fine, only starting X freezes my
box.

Any ideas ?

Thnx
Alex

No problems here, running kernel 760 and nvidia drivers 6629. There are patches for the driver that some people need to use for 2.6.10 kernels posted on the nvidia support forum, but I've not had to use them on either of my two boxes. From your message it wasn't clear when the hang is ocuring - is this during the graphical boot? Have you followed the previous advice in this forum and also the nvidia forum about creating the needed devices in /etc/udev/devices?

Jonathan.