Re: DL380/G2 Hot plug 72G DAT tape drive not working on

Armbruster, David wrote:
Its a hot plug SCSI drive connected to the 5i RAID Controller. I used a little script to engage the scsi once booted but it complains of I/O errors and offlines the drive. I can pull a status off the drive with mt,
but any attempt to write to the drive and its gone until the next boot time.
Very strange......

Is the device terminated properly? That might be the cause of I/O errors.

Paul.