Re: Stuck at 'Configuring Kernel Parameters'

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Vibhu Rishi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with the FC3 system at home and using 'setup' I
> disabled a few services to see if I can speed up the system.
>
> Unfortunately, now, when I reboot I get the following message after the
> initializing  audio etc message
> Configuring Kernel Parameters
>
> After this the system just refuses to budge forward. Its not hung as
> when I press enter the cursor moves to the next line.
>
> I am unable to get a root promt... I dont know how to get to one using
> grub. Can someone give some suggestion as to what can be done ?

- Reboot

- When you get the 'grub' menu - (e)dit the options and remove 'rhgb
  quiet' and add '3' - and then (b)oot with the modifications as in:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.753_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/ 3

Now you can login and fix your x config (system-config-display) - and
also apply the latest updates (yum update)

Satish