Re: sendmail and sm-client very slow to start

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:05:01 -0700, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> ----
> usually when sendmail is sluggish starting - it's because it can't
> figure out hostname details.
>
> # cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
>
> above needs to be the very first line of /etc/hosts

Bah!  Good call, that was it exactly.  Now, next question is what dumb
program has been editing my /etc/hosts file!   Yep, as I expected:
system-config-network strikes again.  It deletes my localhost line
when I click File->Save (Yes, the line /etc/hosts says not to remove
or it may break things).  This is the second issue I have found with
this script.  I guess I'll be posting a Bugzilla entry sometime soon.

Jonathan