Re: Can't start mysql on FC3

Dan Kovacik wrote:

Wes-

This looks very close to the problem your having...

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,7164,7164

Dan

Bingo!

It appears that SELinux is/was interfering with mysqld such that
mysqld was unable to access the necessary files.

Doing this allowed me to start mysql:

setenforce 0
etc/init.d/mysqls start

Now, I just have to figure out what SELinux is and how to
properly configure it to play nice with mysql.