Re: Getting apt-get to work with FC3

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 12:52 -0800, Shane Archer wrote:
> I just installed apt on a fresh install of FC3, and I haven't been able to
> get it to do anything.
>
> Here's what I installed:
>
> # rpm -q apt
> apt-0.5.15cnc6-12.r362
>
> When I try to do an update, here's what I get:
>
> # apt-get update
> Fetching list of repositories/mirrors...
> E: Failed to fetch mirror list file:

One of the mirror lists was missing on the server causing the download
to fail, fixed now.

> (with nothing beyond the colon)
>
> I have edited /etc/apt/sources.list with data from
> http://www.xades.com/proj/fedora_repos.html to no avail.
>
> Is there anything I could be doing wrong, or anything else I need to edit
> (such as apt.conf, etc)? I have used apt on previous Fedora installs with
> no problems, all I  remember having to do was finding a working sources.list.

If you have already edited sources.list to your liking then the mirror-
selector wont do you much good - you can disable it from running
automatically (when apt is first used) by adding this
to /etc/apt/apt.conf:

Apt::State::FirstRun "false";

	- Panu -