Re: Linux Sun's JVM needs improvements

Edward Yang wrote:

Sorry, I think there is some misunderstanding about virutal techonology.

In a virutal hardware box, the guest OS inside it does not know where it is. It may be a litter or much slower than in a real hardware box, but the memory footprint should never been any difference. That's why many developers use Microsoft Virutal PC or VMWare to test there programs. Think about it - you don't have to boot into another OS or go to another computer that may be 50 meters far just to test a small problem of your progarm!

So I think I I have FC3 installed in a real hardware box, the memory footprint of the JVM will be the same.

And we can all trust Microsoft to ensure that this is how it works. Microsoft lost a very long court case after making Windows not work with Dr Dos. I wouldn't be surprised to find Microsoft doing something similar. Who really knows all the code in Windows.

-- Robin Laing Instrumentation Technologist Voice: 1.403.544.4762 Military Engineering Section FAX: 1.403.544.4704 Defence R&D Canada - Suffield Email: Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PO Box 4000, Station Main WWW:http://www.suffield.drdc-rddc.gc.ca Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8K6 Canada