Re: start kde by default

>From GNOME do the following.  (I'm sure you can do this from KDE, but
I don't have KDE installed so I don't know exactly where it is.)

Go to your Applications Bar and go to Preferences.  Then go to More
Preferences.  Click on the one that says Desktop Switching Tool.  On
my machine it is the 5th from the top.  Select KDE.

This will change you to using KDE as your default desktop.  But, this
won't change the root user's default dekstop or any other users you
may have on your system.

--andy