My Box hanged at the last step due to hyper threading Enabled

I downloaded FC3 iso images
Burnt in to CD's
Checked all CD's during setup for consistency (Passed)
Started the installation and it ran smoothly
I heard sound (Thanks to ALSA)
I saw ATI graphics card giving brilliant colors
Everything ran very well until I log in to the system
but once it accepted my password it hangs!!!!!!!
I tried twice but the same problem happened
Then I realized that Hyper threading may be made the trouble
Then Disabled it in BIOS and ran the FC3
Yihaaaaaaaa!!         It solved the problem
then I thought it may be the first time. so
I tried again with hyper threading enabled operation
Oh! No No No it is not running with Hyper threading
returned back to the Disabled mode
I can run FC3 without HT now
Can any one had/solved this problem
My system is
Intel 865PE
Intel 3.0 GHz (HT) Processor (BOXED)
ATI Graphics 64MBs
256MBs DDR 400 (Spectec)
SATA 80GB 7200, HDD
LG 17" Flatron Monitor

This is the first time I started FC3.
Problems may come to me
I hope your assistance there Please,
Thanks
Mohan
And i have downloaded Xine and the binary it needs,which is already burnt in to CD's
but I on't know how to get installed it in my FC 3 box. could somebody give me steps to go ahead
Thanks again