Re: Boot problems

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 21:04 -0600, micheal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 20:11 -0500, David Pippen wrote:
> > I have had fedora installed and working for some time. But My lights went
> > out and the system went down,  when I turned the system back on it gose to
> > this screen that says INIT cannot execute can anyone help me.
> >
> > David D Pippen
> > www.ruff-ryders.org/photo_index.htm
> > www.pipwax.com
> > ================================
> > All Outgoing mail has been
> > Scanned By Norton Virus V10.0.1.3
> >

> Try booting with the rescue CD, and run fsck on /
>
> After of course chrooting to /mnt/sysimage

If his root filesystem is corrupt, /mnt/sysimage and everything
underneath it may be garbage. In fact, /mnt/sysimage may not even be
mountable. If you know which partition the root filesystem was on, you
can just boot from the rescue CD and run fsck on that partition, which
doesn't require (or even want) a chroot. You might also fsck the other
partitions whilst you're there, too.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>