Re: [FC3] gnome-system-monitor: some processes have no name?

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 01:30 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> D. D. Brierton wrote:
>
> >Is anyone else seeing this:
> >
> >http://www.dzr-web.com/gnome-system-monitor.png
> >
> >Lots of processes (probably kernel related) with no name in gnome-
> >system-properties?
> >
> >TIA, Darren
> >

> Yes, that's common with gnome-system-monitor, however since it is built
> around top, i'd rather use the later... In anycase yes, it is normal to
> have that many programs running, however you may shutdown services you
> don't need, those some times can shutdown three or four processes (per
> service), so it's worth the try. Use system-config-services (or
> Applications>System Configuration>Servers>Services

I think you misunderstood me Gain, although thanks for responding
anyway. Look at the screenshot. In particular look at the left column in
the screenshot. The processes don't have any name. That is *NOT* normal.
gnome-system-monitor never did that in FC2 or earlier. I'm not concerned
with the number of processes -- I'm used to that.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com