Re: Linux Sun's JVM needs improvements

Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
Edward Yang wrote:

Okay, I want to add more about Sun's JVM performance.

I have posted a message to Sun's forum about the memory footprint of the JVM on FC3. Please visit http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=590956 for the message.

I was about to point out that you were talking about *Linux*, in this case Fedora Core 3 distribution, and everyone (apparently) undestood that you were using *Windows* and that the problem showed in Windows... I don't know if you could try and run a dedicated session of FC, just to make sure the results are consistent with what you get in VPC... Personally I've run into >400Mb memory foot print of Java *only* with Azureus (a famous Java Torrent client), other applications, such as LimeWire while DO populate the RAM get about 3/4 of that... However *any* Java applet run through Firefox or Konqueror will *at the very least* load 80Mb into memory, this after a fresh boot with a base memory usage of about 98 Mb (measured with GkrellM)... I'll try to post in general Linux forums about this in other distributions specificially with Sun's JVM.

Let us know the results. I may go to Sun and see if there is a thread about this.

--
James McKenzie