Re: stupid spamassassin tricks

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> slugging through an awkward issue with spamassassin on my home server.
>
> I am using fetchmail to get mail from my ISP - who in essence, has
> already accepted delivery.
>
> I have an email in my box which fetchmail keeps retrieving and
> spamassassin is rejecting it - which is kind of an endless loop.
>
> Specifically, I am running spamassassin & spamass-milter (milter via
> sendmail).
>
> I currently have the following options to spamd set...
>
> # cat /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -c -a -m5 -H -L -x -u smmsp"
>
> hoping that the '-L' option would serve the purpose...it hasn't
>
> Any suggestions? Right now, it is only 1 email but these things have a
> way of snowballing.

One option would to use fetchmail's "mda" option to have it deliver the
mail directly via procmail instead of going through your MTA. This would
effectively bypass spamassassin and your mail could be delivered.

add to fetchmailrc:
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T -f %F"

Of course, you would also lose the benefit of spamassassin for the mail
you retrieved this way.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>