Re: FC2: Ximian Bug?

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 09:59 -0800, Roy W. Erickson wrote:

> I used a bad address in an outgoing email.
>
> All of the created mail after the bad letter queued up in the outbox
> until two days later when I finally deleted the bad letter.

This is/was a known issue, but I can't remember if it was regarded as a
bug or a feature. It was discussed several times on the evolution list.
Check out its archives here:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/

> So I should think that Ximian should skip badly addressed mail and send
> the good email anyway, no?
>
> How do I report this to the Authors?

Don't bother. If you are using FC2 then you are probably using Evolution
1.4.x. The current release of Evolution is 2.0.x (shortly it will be
2.2.x), and the 2.x codebase is considerably different to the 1.x
codebase. The evolution developers are no longer fixing bugs for 1.x.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com