Re: Still no sound. I have a Dell Demension 2350 and a Intel 82801 Soundcard.

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 00:49 -0500, Kyle Lagonegro (Student-Lagone37)
wrote:
> Up to this point a few people have tried helping me out, and I'm very greatful.  But I still have no sound.
>
> Is there something wrong with this Soundcards capability with Linux?

In theory, it should work fine.

Have you run system-config-soundcard and simply answered yes when it
asks if you hear the test sound?  I'm guessing maybe you have since the
volume controls work.

Did you turn all of the volume controls up or just the master volume?
You'll need to turn up at least PCM, Master and possibly OGain if there
is one.  You may need to adjust other volume controls.

> Ask for any prompts and such and I'll post up the results they turn up on my computer.

What is the output of running this command:
  /sbin/lsmod

Also, post the output of this command:
  cat /etc/modprobe.conf

Then we'll know which drivers are loaded and which drivers it is trying
to load.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/