Re: Conflicting yum repositories

> Subject: Conflicting yum repositories From: Trey Sizemore
> <trey@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:49:48 -0500 To: For
> users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I have the following repositories setup for yum, and I'm getting
> package conflicts during updates due to version mismatches:
>
> atrpms atrpms-bleeding atrpms-testing dag dries flash freshrpms
> jpackage-fedora jpackage-generic kde-redhat kde-redhat-all newrpms
>
> Are there repositories listed above which are known to conflict?
>
> Thanks.

Trey,

I had the same yum setup and had the same problems.  Unfortunately, it borked my system.  If you eliminate the atrpms repos, you should not have a problem.  (I have no idea if any other combination will also work).  Being a relative newbie and not knowing what else to do, I had to reinstall.  I then ran yum update with the default repos, THEN added the rest (for some reason, doing things the other way around also borked my system).   Now, I have a system running exactly to my liking (except for a few things, but that's for another posting).

Good luck!

Rob
Registered Linux User #379760