Options For Installing Fedora To Older Laptop

My Sony Vaio PCG-F350 laptop (Pentium II 364 MHz, 192 Mb RAM) is running out of hard drive space. The machine is running Fedora Core 2. It is still using the original 6 Gb hard drive, and has 491 Mb of free space left. I'd love a new machine, but I'm loathe to spend the money right now, especially as one of my kids will soon need to gear up for university. I figure I can just install a bigger hard drive on the machine.

I am thinking of simply popping in the new hard drive and then installing Fedora Core 3 to it. Does that sound like a good option -- or will Core 3 grind to a halt? It doesn't have much memory. But the new drive will have faster rotational speed plus an 8 Mb buffer, so that might help a little bit. Or should I stick with Fedora Core 2, which I already know runs slowly, but it does run. I have a Buffalo wireless PC card that I can use with this baby for my internet connection.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland