Re: fc3 on old 7GB HD with 64MB Ram

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> So, I've installed as normal. No Gnome or KDE but selected XFCE, thought
> i'd dump other extra packages once i was up and running.
>
> Now, it get as far as initializing hardware, (storage, network audio
> [done]) and then *without* powering down just dies. That is the screen
> dies after being grey for a short time. The power still runs, and if i
> throw in a cd it powers up and spins it.
>
> ideas?

Have you tried removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel parameters? When
you're booting and see the Grub screen, press a key (if necessary) to
get at the menu, and press "e" to edit the boot options.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | "Does exactly what it says on the tin." ...
Exeter    Devon    UK | I've got a tin at home: it says "Open other end".