Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 09:02 +0000, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> I've been a RHL and FC user for quite some time. I've been on the
> mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. But this
> mailing list is strangling itself. The volume is way too high.
Well, learn to read lists like these selectively ;-)

That's probably how most "regulars" are reading such lists.

May-be some folks should think about why some folks complain about html,
TOFU, etc.

The reason is simple: "regulars" dump the major numbers of all mails to
the trash bin to keep the amount of time within limits.

Only those mails with an interesting subject, were you can get the
intention within the first, say 10 lines, and which are easily readable
(90% of all html does not qualify as such) will be "browsed", even less
will be read, the rest goes straight to the trash-bin - unread :)

Ralf