Re: Simple database application...OO.org?

Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 20:08, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Oh...so that's the problem, I have to wait. I couldn't really figure out when they plan to release a stable with the database component, any idea?
A database compontent is an essential part of some high school comsci sylabuses.

Why not use postgresql and pgadmin3?

You can combine that with PHP or several other languages to do all kinds
of database work.

I'm interested in this for the high schools in my country who belive that M$ Office is the end all be all computing. The comsci syllabus here uses an Wordprocessor+spreadshet+database combination. So it would be terribly difficult for me to suggest OO if there's no such database component. I myself have very little need for such.