Re: yum -y update installs new software!?

Bernd Radinger escreveu:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:08:14 -0200, Vinicius <cviniciusm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul Howarth escreveu:

RAT wrote:

I had fresh installation of FC3 with my own selection of packages
installed. I've runned yum -y update and what a suprise! I get packages
which I don't want to have - why it installs tetex, ethereal, gaim,
gphoto2. I don't want these!

Seems unlikely, but perhaps these were dependencies for an updated
version of something you *did* install?

If you do "yum remove tetex" for instance, does it want to remove
anything you actually want along with tetex?

Paul.

I did get this too: - openct and opencs from The KDE-RedHat Project and - Hermes and liboil from Dag Apt Repository.

I don't like to get packages installed automatically.
I know I can uninstall them manually after, but I prefer to install
manually with the exception of updates.

eh, then why do you activate repositories which do replace your
installed packages with altered functionality?

To try and to learn.

Excuse me if I was a little rude.

These repos are enjoyable.

Did they were installed to satisfy some dependencies? How I get this information, please?